Smithville Crawford Municipal Airport
The Smithville Crawford Municipal Airport is a publicly-owned airport managed by the City of Smithville.
A little bit of History...
Irvin Row, the original owner, was a veteran pilot of WWII, the Korean War, and the Vietnam War. He was an active member of the community, taking part in programs such as the Smithville American Legion and the Smithville Chapter of Vietnam Vets. He even held the honor of being the president of the Noon Lions Club for a time. When he died at age 75, the community was deeply saddened.
Bennie Lueders, a local pilot, helped build and establish the Irvin Row Airport Terminal, which is the blue building near the parking lot. It is a pleasant lounge for pilots to sit and wait while their plane is being repaired and such. It features the autographs of several famous pilots, a few plaques and awards, the history of the airport, a it has a nice sofa and a couple of vending machines to enhance the atmosphere.
RNAV Coming Soon!
No available hangar spaces at this time. Tiedowns are available, please contact Tracia Ford for more information.
Airport Services & Rates
- Fuel available: 100LL - Self service
- Parking: tiedowns
- Airframe service: MAJOR
- Powerplant service: MAJOR
- Loaner car available
- Maintenance (including airframe and engine, annual inspection, and any minor or major maintenance in general)
- Hangar - Single - $375/month. Currently there is a waiting list for hanger rentals. When a spot opens up, it is given on a first come-first serve basis. Please call us at 512-237-3282 to be placed on the list.
- Tie-down Space Outside - Ramp area: Single Engine $50/month - Twin Engine $60/month. Grass Area: Single Engine = $35/month Twin Engine= $50/month.
Rental Hanger Representative Photo
- Runway 17/35
- Dimensions: 4000 x 75 ft. / 1219 x 23 m
- Surface: asphalt
- Weight bearing capacity: 12.5K each wheel
- Runway edge lights: medium intensity - Pilot Controlled on 123.3
CITY OFFICES CLOSED UNTIL 10:00 AM THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 2, 2023
The National Weather Service is predicting 100% chance of sleet and freezing rain this evening and tomorrow. Overpasses, bridges, and most roadways are exp...read more >
WINTER WEATHER ALERT: Due to freezing drizzle and rain, the City of Smithville will delay opening until 10:00 am tomorrow. Please be careful on the roadw...read more >
City Hall Closed today from 11:30-1:30
City Hall will be closed today January 12th from 11:30 to 1:30 for a staff meeting. We apologize for any inconvenience.read more >