Between Austin, San Antonio, Houston & Bryan/College Station
Public Participation Continues for "Smithville Historic Commercial District Standards"
The City of Smithville is in the process of getting feedback on the proposed "Smithville Historic Commercial District Design Standards."
The document under discussion is located here:
Please contact Jill Strube at City Hall (512 237 3282 x 2109) if you would like a printed version. Printed copies are also available at the Smithville Public Library.
Once you’ve had a chance to look everything over, please take the following survey:
If the survey doesn’t address what you want to discuss (or you wish to discuss some of your concerns more fully), please feel free to contact members of the HPDS Committee.
• Carol Snyder (Chair)
• David Herrington (Cultural District Rep)
• April Daniels (Chamber of Commerce Rep)
• Victoria Allen (Member At Large)
• Nancy Catherman (Member At Large)
• Mike Hightower (Member At Large)
• Caroline Noya (Member At Large)
• Sarah O’Brien (Member At Large)
• Walter Winslett (Member At Large)
Please also contact Jill Strube (512 237 3282 x 2109) if you need more information.
For more information generally about the Historic Preservation/Design Standards Advisory Committee (HDPS) and its activities, please see: http://www.ci.smithville.tx.us/city-governm…/hdps-committee/
• May 3rd to June 20th Public Review and Input period (online & print)
• June 25th HPDS Reviews Input and makes adjustments at regularly scheduled meeting
• July 9th Present Input and DRAFT Plan to Council for Feedback
• July 23rd SHDSC Review Input
• August 9th Present Input Findings to Public
• AUGUST COMMITTEE INCORPORATES INPUT BASED ON COUNCIL AND PUBLIC FINDINGS
• August 20th SHDSC Votes on changes
• September 10th Plan presented to Council
Many thanks to all of you for taking the time to that ensure this document and its intentions to preserve Smithville through reasonable efforts is the best it can be and reflects the needs of the entire community.
Please forward this information to anyone you think will be interested. We are seeking feedback from everyone in the community.
Now Hiring! Community Engagement Coordinator
City of Smithville seeks Community Engagement Coordinator who will be responsible for facilitating and coordinating a robust community engagement strategy ...read more >
URGENT NOTICE – ROAD CLOSURE / DETOUR DUE TO TRAIN DERAILMENT
At approximately 3:00 pm on July 9, 2021 the City of Smithville received notice that a Union Pacific Train derailed blocking HWY-95 at the MLK BLVD an...read more >
MOSQUITO SPRAYING IN SMITHVILLE WILL BEGIN FRIDAY, MAY 14, 2021
The recent rains combined with warmer temperatures have created the perfect breeding ground for mosquitoes. In response, the City will begin spraying all...read more >