Where Leash Laws Do NOT Apply!
The Doggie Bark Park is a place where man's best friend can roam at will and socialize with other dogs their size from sunup to sundown. While the city of Smithville has a leash law in their public parks, dogs can roam freely in this one having a waggin' good time!
Location: Off Hwy 95 at First Street, just across from the Smithville Indoor Recreation Center. (The entrance is actually across from the Skate Park behind the Rec Center). The long park area is located just north of the railroad tracks.
- A fenced entry area that opens through gates to the Larger Dog area and the Small Dog area (30 lbs and smaller only).
- Dog pooper scooper station to help dog owner's keep the areas clean. Owners must pick up after their dogs.
- Comfortable benches for seating.
- Water available for pets and owners.
- Restrooms are on the east side of the Bark Park area inside of the Railroad Park.
Please follow all rules for the safety of the dogs and owners.
For information, call 512-237-3282, ext. 7
(Rec Center, Parks & Recreation Dept.)
Brush Dump Open
CITY BRUSH DUMP OPEN THIS WEEKEND - Due to the recent straight line winds associated with last night's thunderstorms, the City of Smithville Brush Dump...read more >
HHW & Community Cleanup
Smithville will hold two clean up events both on Feb.18, both from 9 AM-12 NOON, both at 109 Taylor Street. HHW - County Event. Requires a voucher. Taki...read more >
HISTORIC PRESERVATION AND DESIGN STANDARDS MEETING
CITY OF SMITHVILLE HISTORIC PRESERVATION AND DESIGN STANDARDS MEETING WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 15, 2023 at 5:00 p.m. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN PURSUANT TO...read more >