Between Austin, San Antonio, Houston & Bryan/College Station
Where Leash Laws Do NOT Apply!
The Doggie Bark Park is a place where man's best friend can roam at will and socialize with other dogs their size from sunup to sundown. While the city of Smithville has a leash law in their public parks, dogs can roam freely in this one having a waggin' good time!
Location: Off Hwy 95 at First Street, just across from the Smithville Indoor Recreation Center. (The entrance is actually across from the Skate Park behind the Rec Center). The long park area is located just north of the railroad tracks.
- A fenced entry area that opens through gates to the Larger Dog area and the Small Dog area (30 lbs and smaller only).
- Dog pooper scooper station to help dog owner's keep the areas clean. Owners must pick up after their dogs.
- Comfortable benches for seating.
- Water available for pets and owners.
- Restrooms are on the east side of the Bark Park area inside of the Railroad Park.
Please follow all rules for the safety of the dogs and owners.
For information, call 512-237-3282, ext. 7
(Rec Center, Parks & Recreation Dept.)
URGENT PUBLIC SAFETY NOTICE FOR CITIZENS THAT ATTENDED THE CITY OF SMITHVILLE COUNCIL MEETING IN PERSON ON APRIL 12, 2021
A City employee that attended the Monday, April 12, 2021 City Council meeting tested positive for COVID-19 on Thursday, April 15, 2021. The employee ...read more >
GOVERNOR ABBOTT TO RESCIND MASK ORDER AT 12:01 AM ON WEDNESDAY, MARCH 10, 2021
On March 2, 2021, Governor Greg Abbott issued Executive Order No. GA-34 relating to the opening of Texas in response to COVID-19. This order is effec...read more >
CITY OF SMITHVILLE - BOIL WATER RESCIND NOTICE (2/20/21 @ 3:00 pm).
On Thursday, February 18, 2021, the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) required the City of Smithville public water system (PWS ID #011...read more >