Between Austin, San Antonio, Houston & Bryan/College Station
Smithville Crawford Municipal Airport
The Smithville Crawford Municipal Airport is a publicly - owned airport managed by the City of Smithville.
A little bit of History...
Irvin Row, the original owner, was a veteran pilot of WWII, the Korean War, and the Vietnam War. He was an active member of the community, taking part in programs such as the Smithville American Legion and the Smithville Chapter of Vietnam Vets, even holding the honor of being the president of the Noon Lions Club for a time. When he died at age 75, the community was deeply saddened.
Bennie Lueders, a local pilot,helped build and establish the Irvin Row Airport Terminal, which is the blue building near the parking lot. It is a pleasant lounge for pilots to sit and wait while their plane is being repaired and such. It features the autographs of several famous pilots, a few plaques and awards, the history of the airport, a nice sofa and a couple vending machines to enhance the atmosphere.
Link To 84R FB Page -->https://www.facebook.com/Fly84R/?fref=ts
Airport Services & Rates
- Fuel available: 100LL
- Parking: hangars and tiedowns
- Airframe service: MAJOR
- Powerplant service: MAJOR
- Bottled oxygen: NONE
- Bulk oxygen: NONE
- Maintenance (including airframe and engine, annual inspection, and any minor or major maintenance in general) - $60/hr
- Tie-down Space Outside - $25/mo
- Hangar - Single - $140/mo
- Hanger - Twin - $160/mo
- Service calls to La Grange, Giddings, Cuero, Lexington, and other cities in the area
- At this current moment, there is no hangar availability. When a spot opens up, it is given on a first come-first serve basis.
- Runway 17/35
- Dimensions: 4000 x 75 ft. / 1219 x 23 m
- Surface: asphalt, in good condition
- Weight bearing capacity:
- Single wheel: 12.5
- Runway edge lights: medium intensity
Airport Operational Statistics
- Aircraft based on the field: 45
- Single engine airplanes: 37
- Multi engine airplanes: 2
- Helicopter: 1
- Ultralights: 5
- Aircraft operations: avg 25/day
- 67% local general aviation
- 33% transient general aviation
Tropical Storm Warning for Harvey
Tropical Storm Warning for Harvey Issued for Bastrop County - Stay Alert! 08/24/2017 While there is still uncertainty with the track, and ...read more >
BURN BAN IN EFFECT
Bastrop County Commissioners Court renewed the county-wide BURN BAN until September 26, 2017.read more >
Water Issue in Downtown Business District
TXDOT hit an 8-inch water main at the intersection of Loop 230 and Main Street late yesterday evening. City crews and TXDOT are in the process of repairing...read more >