Between Austin, San Antonio, Houston & Bryan/College Station
Smithville Crawford Municipal Airport
The Smithville Crawford Municipal Airport is a publicly - owned airport managed by the City of Smithville.
A little bit of History...
Irvin Row, the original owner, was a veteran pilot of WWII, the Korean War, and the Vietnam War. He was an active member of the community, taking part in programs such as the Smithville American Legion and the Smithville Chapter of Vietnam Vets, even holding the honor of being the president of the Noon Lions Club for a time. When he died at age 75, the community was deeply saddened.
Bennie Lueders, a local pilot,helped build and establish the Irvin Row Airport Terminal, which is the blue building near the parking lot. It is a pleasant lounge for pilots to sit and wait while their plane is being repaired and such. It features the autographs of several famous pilots, a few plaques and awards, the history of the airport, a nice sofa and a couple vending machines to enhance the atmosphere.
Link To 84R FB Page -->https://www.facebook.com/Fly84R/?fref=ts
Airport Services & Rates
- Fuel available: 100LL
- Parking: hangars and tiedowns
- Airframe service: MAJOR
- Powerplant service: MAJOR
- Bottled oxygen: NONE
- Bulk oxygen: NONE
- Maintenance (including airframe and engine, annual inspection, and any minor or major maintenance in general) - $60/hr
- Tie-down Space Outside - $25/mo
- Hangar - Single - $140/mo
- Hanger - Twin - $160/mo
- Service calls to La Grange, Giddings, Cuero, Lexington, and other cities in the area
- At this current moment, there is no hangar availability. When a spot opens up, it is given on a first come-first serve basis.
- Runway 17/35
- Dimensions: 4000 x 75 ft. / 1219 x 23 m
- Surface: asphalt, in good condition
- Weight bearing capacity:
- Single wheel: 12.5
- Runway edge lights: medium intensity
Airport Operational Statistics
- Aircraft based on the field: 45
- Single engine airplanes: 37
- Multi engine airplanes: 2
- Helicopter: 1
- Ultralights: 5
- Aircraft operations: avg 25/day
- 67% local general aviation
- 33% transient general aviation
NOTICE - MARBURGER / MILLER RR CROSSING CLOSURE
The Marburger / Miller RR Crossing will be CLOSED to vehicle and pedestrian traffic Thursday and Friday, March 7-8th from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm for installati...read more >
Downtown Road Closures 12/21
NOTICE - DOWNTOWN ROAD CLOSURES SCHEDULED ON FRIDAY, DECEMBER 21st - A production company will be filming in our downtown area on Friday, December 21st fro...read more >
City of Smithville HOLIDAY SCHEDULE (Garbage Pick-up will be impacted)
Below you will find the City of Smithville Holiday schedule. This information has been communicated on our City website, Facebook Page, and on the December...read more >