Between Austin, San Antonio, Houston & Bryan/College Station
Over the last several weeks, local officials have been in constant communication regarding the continued spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) around the country and now throughout parts of Texas. As more information becomes available and the local impact changes, the City of Smithville along with local community leaders remain dedicated to safeguarding the public and limiting impact on our community. Although there are no confirmed cases currently in Bastrop, local officials are implementing precautions to preemptively negate further spread of this illness and ensure that we can continue to offer essential services to our citizens.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are unavailable, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or use a tissue to cover it, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
If you have symptoms or medical questions, please call the Ascension COVID-19 Medical Hotline at 1-833-978-0649.
If you have symptoms that place you in the medium to high-risk category they will try to return your call within the hour.
If you are a low-risk caller they will return your call within 24 hours
Other links: Center for Disease Control and Prevention Website https://www.cdc.gov/
ZOOM info for Oct.6 2020 PZ Meeting
City Smithville is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting. Topic: P&Z Meeting October 6, 2020 Time: Oct 6, 2020 06:00 PM Central Time...read more >
Main Street Repaving Road Closure Map
NOTICE - DOWNTOWN ROAD CLOSURES SCHEDULED TUESDAY, OCTOBER 6th THROUGH TUESDAY, OCTOBER 13th - A paving Contractor will be applying sealcoat and re-stripin...read more >
NOTICE - CITY EMAIL AND CREDIT CARD SYSTEM DOWN
As of 0945 today, the City server is down due to a malicious malware attack. We are unable to send/receive email or process credit card payment...read more >