Between Austin, San Antonio, Houston & Bryan/College Station
Support your Community and your School District!
You can respond to the Census in three ways -- do it today!
- Online: Respond to the Census Here www.my2020census.gov
- By phone: 844-330-2020 (English)
- Return the paper survey mailed to you
If you do not return your survey, a Census worker will knock on your door when it is safe to do so. Do it today!
Check out how many people have completed their Census in Bastrop County using this interactive map.
Higher self-response rates mean fewer people are likely to be missed or counted inaccurately and fewer households will have a visit from a census taker to be counted in-person. It also means this city has a better chance at receiving its fair share of funding for services, and political representation.
For more information about the Census
- What is the Census? Census 101
- What questions do they ask and why? Why We Ask
- What does the Survey look like? Informational Survey
To find out more about what’s going on with the Census
Información en Español sobre el Censo
- ¿Qué es el censo? Censo 101
- ¿Qué preguntas hacen y por qué? Por qué preguntamos
- ¿Cómo se ve la encuesta? Encuesta informativa
For more information about local efforts, contact Jill Strube at 512-237-3282 x 2109.
Offices Closed Jan. 17th - MLK Day
On Monday, January 17, the city offices will be closed in observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday.read more >
DUE TO STAFFING CITY HALL HOURS WILL BE 8am-5pm MONDAY-FRIDAY UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
DUE TO STAFFING CITY HALL HOURS WILL BE 8am-5pm MONDAY-FRIDAY UNTIL FURTHER NOTICEread more >
CITY HALL HOLIDAY HOURS
THE CITY OF SMITHVILLE WILL BE CLOSED THURSDAY 12-23-2021 @ 12 Noon through Monday 12-27-2021. City Hall Hours as follows: ...read more >