Between Austin, San Antonio, Houston & Bryan/College Station
GOVERNOR ABBOTT TO RESCIND MASK ORDER AT 12:01 AM ON WEDNESDAY, MARCH 10, 2021
On March 2, 2021, Governor Greg Abbott issued Executive Order No. GA-34 relating to the opening of Texas in response to COVID-19. This order is effective as of 12:01am March 10, 2021, and can be read in its entirety at:
In summary this executive order does the following:
- Rescinds all COVID-19 operating limits on businesses and other establishments,
- Rescinds the state-imposed face covering requirement,
- Gives the county judge in any county within a Trauma Service Area that has a hospitalization rate over 15% authority to impose limited mitigation strategies (see order for details),
- Encourages every person and business to use good faith efforts to comply with the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) health recommendations, found at www.dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus
- Businesses and other establishments retain the right to require employees or customers to follow additional hygiene measures, including the wearing of a face covering,
- Local governments cannot impose restrictions in response to COVID-19 that are inconsistent with this order.
City Council Meeting will be at the Rec Center October 18th @ 6:00P.M.
The Council meeting will be moved to the Rec Center for the October 18th meeting due to early voting being held at City Hall. The Rec Center addr...read more >
Proposed Flood Hazard Determinations for Bastrop County, Texas and Incorporated Areas
From FEMA Federal Emergency Management Agency >> Proposed Flood Hazard Determinations for Bastrop County, Texas and Incorporated Areas The Depa...read more >
Proposed Budget and Workshop
The City of Smithville will have a Budget Workshop on August 25, 2021 at 4:30 P.M. click the links below to see the proposed budget and the agenda. ...read more >