Between Austin, San Antonio, Houston & Bryan/College Station
Where Leash Laws Do NOT Apply!
The Doggie Bark Park is a place where man's best friend can roam at will and socialize with other dogs their size from sunup to sundown. While the city of Smithville has a leash law in their public parks, dogs can roam freely in this one having a waggin' good time!
Location: Off Hwy 95 at First Street, just across from the Smithville Indoor Recreation Center. (The entrance is actually across from the Skate Park behind the Rec Center). The long park area is located just north of the railroad tracks.
- A fenced entry area that opens through gates to the Larger Dog area and the Small Dog area (30 lbs and smaller only).
- Dog pooper scooper station to help dog owner's keep the areas clean. Owners must pick up after their dogs.
- Comfortable benches for seating.
- Water available for pets and owners.
- Restrooms are on the east side of the Bark Park area inside of the Railroad Park.
Please follow all rules for the safety of the dogs and owners.
For information, call 512-237-3282, ext. 7
(Rec Center, Parks & Recreation Dept.)
City of Smithville CLOSED due to Winter Weather
Due to multiple road closures and icy conditions throughout the area, the City of Smithville will be CLOSED today. The City will delay opening until ...read more >
CITY OF SMITHVILLE - DELAYED OPENING
Due to the weather forecast and prediction of icy roads, the City of Smithville Offices will delay opening until NOON tomorrow - Tuesday, January 16, 2018....read more >
Loop 230 & Main Street Lane Closure - FRIDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2017
A TXDOT Contractor will be begin cutting the roadway at the intersection of Loop 230 and Main Street as part of the four corner pedestrian ...read more >