Between Austin, San Antonio, Houston & Bryan/College Station
Where Leash Laws Do NOT Apply!
The Doggie Bark Park is a place where man's best friend can roam at will and socialize with other dogs their size from sunup to sundown. While the city of Smithville has a leash law in their public parks, dogs can roam freely in this one having a waggin' good time!
Location: Off Hwy 95 at First Street, just across from the Smithville Indoor Recreation Center. (The entrance is actually across from the Skate Park behind the Rec Center). The long park area is located just north of the railroad tracks.
- A fenced entry area that opens through gates to the Larger Dog area and the Small Dog area (30 lbs and smaller only).
- Dog pooper scooper station to help dog owner's keep the areas clean. Owners must pick up after their dogs.
- Comfortable benches for seating.
- Water available for pets and owners.
- Restrooms are on the east side of the Bark Park area inside of the Railroad Park.
Please follow all rules for the safety of the dogs and owners.
For information, call 512-237-3282, ext. 7
(Rec Center, Parks & Recreation Dept.)
CITY COUNCIL MANDATES FACE COVERINGS IN PUBLIC BEGINNING WEDNESDAY, JULY 1, 2020 @ NOON
The Smithville City Council voted unanimously to pass an emergency ordinance mandating citizens to wear face coverings in public. This action is necessary ...read more >
CITY OF SMITHVILLE WATER PRESSURE UPDATE
The loss of water pressure in our community over the weekend was due to a communication failure with the system that activates pumps that fill the ground w...read more >
CITY OFFICES WILL RE-OPEN TO THE PUBLIC ON MONDAY, JUNE 15, 2020
Public access to city facilities will be allowed beginning Monday, June 15, 2020. All city-appointed boards will resume their regularly scheduled me...read more >