Between Austin, San Antonio, Houston & Bryan/College Station
Where Leash Laws Do NOT Apply!
The Doggie Bark Park is a place where man's best friend can roam at will and socialize with other dogs their size from sunup to sundown. While the city of Smithville has a leash law in their public parks, dogs can roam freely in this one having a waggin' good time!
Location: Off Hwy 95 at First Street, just across from the Smithville Indoor Recreation Center. (The entrance is actually across from the Skate Park behind the Rec Center). The long park area is located just north of the railroad tracks.
- A fenced entry area that opens through gates to the Larger Dog area and the Small Dog area (30 lbs and smaller only).
- Dog pooper scooper station to help dog owner's keep the areas clean. Owners must pick up after their dogs.
- Comfortable benches for seating.
- Water available for pets and owners.
- Restrooms are on the east side of the Bark Park area inside of the Railroad Park.
Please follow all rules for the safety of the dogs and owners.
For information, call 512-237-3282, ext. 7
(Rec Center, Parks & Recreation Dept.)
Garbage Pickup Schedule for Memorial Day Holiday
Garbage Pickup Schedule for 2017 Holidays in Smithville Have a wonderful holiday!read more >
Expect Traffic Delays on Loop 230 and Main – Thursday, May 11, 2017
TXDOT will be installing pedestal arms for new traffic signals at the intersection of Loop 230 and Main Street between 9:00 am and 4:00 pm. There wil...read more >
Traffic Delays Expected – BP MS-150 (April 30, 2017)
Expect traffic delays on Hwy 71 and FM 153 in Smithville due to the annual BP MS-150 Fundraiser bike ride from Houston to Austin on Sunday, April 30, 2017....read more >