Between Austin, San Antonio, Houston & Bryan/College Station
Where Leash Laws Do NOT Apply!
The Doggie Bark Park is a place where man's best friend can roam at will and socialize with other dogs their size from sunup to sundown. While the city of Smithville has a leash law in their public parks, dogs can roam freely in this one having a waggin' good time!
Location: Off Hwy 95 at First Street, just across from the Smithville Indoor Recreation Center. (The entrance is actually across from the Skate Park behind the Rec Center). The long park area is located just north of the railroad tracks.
- A fenced entry area that opens through gates to the Larger Dog area and the Small Dog area (30 lbs and smaller only).
- Dog pooper scooper station to help dog owner's keep the areas clean. Owners must pick up after their dogs.
- Comfortable benches for seating.
- Water available for pets and owners.
- Restrooms are on the east side of the Bark Park area inside of the Railroad Park.
Please follow all rules for the safety of the dogs and owners.
For information, call 512-237-3282, ext. 7
(Rec Center, Parks & Recreation Dept.)
Main Street Closure on Wednesday, March 15th
An ABC TV pilot will be filmed on Main Street this Wednesday, March 15, 2017. The 200 block of Main Street from Loop 230 to 1st Street will be closed...read more >
TXDOT working at Loop 230 and Main Street
The Texas Department of Transportation (TXDOT) will be working at the Light at Loop 230 and Main starting Monday, Feb. 6. Expect minor traffic delays. Part...read more >
City of Smithville Holiday Schedule
Below you will find the City of Smithville Holiday schedule. This information will be communicated on our City website, Facebook Page, and inside the...read more >