Between Austin, San Antonio, Houston & Bryan/College Station
Where Leash Laws Do NOT Apply!
The Doggie Bark Park is a place where man's best friend can roam at will and socialize with other dogs their size from sunup to sundown. While the city of Smithville has a leash law in their public parks, dogs can roam freely in this one having a waggin' good time!
Location: Off Hwy 95 at First Street, just across from the Smithville Indoor Recreation Center. (The entrance is actually across from the Skate Park behind the Rec Center). The long park area is located just north of the railroad tracks.
- A fenced entry area that opens through gates to the Larger Dog area and the Small Dog area (30 lbs and smaller only).
- Dog pooper scooper station to help dog owner's keep the areas clean. Owners must pick up after their dogs.
- Comfortable benches for seating.
- Water available for pets and owners.
- Restrooms are on the east side of the Bark Park area inside of the Railroad Park.
Please follow all rules for the safety of the dogs and owners.
For information, call 512-237-3282, ext. 7
(Rec Center, Parks & Recreation Dept.)
NOTICE - LOOP 230 ROAD CLOSURE APRIL 27th (12:30 PM to 3:00 PM) FOR JAMBOREE PARADE
LOOP 230 will be CLOSED on Saturday, April 27th from 12:30 PM to 3:00 PM for the 2019 JAMBOREE PARADE. Registration for the parade is between 8:45 am...read more >
NOTICE - MARBURGER / MILLER RR CROSSING CLOSURE
The Marburger / Miller RR Crossing will be CLOSED to vehicle and pedestrian traffic Thursday and Friday, March 7-8th from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm for installati...read more >
Downtown Road Closures 12/21
NOTICE - DOWNTOWN ROAD CLOSURES SCHEDULED ON FRIDAY, DECEMBER 21st - A production company will be filming in our downtown area on Friday, December 21st fro...read more >